This free video will show you how to install a WordPress theme:
This is a 7-minute video about how to choose a theme (or design) for your blog. We cover:
- What is a theme?
- Where can you get one?
- How much do themes cost?
- Is it better to get a free theme or pay for one?
- Colors and layout are harder to change. Headers are easier to change. Pick a theme with the color and layout you like and don’t worry about the header — you can always hire a designer to customize it later!
- Free vs. paid themes is a hot topic among bloggers. I currently use a paid theme from WooThemes on erica.biz, but it’s perfectly okay to start out your blog with a free theme. If you find a paid theme you love, it’s okay to go that route, too!
Links mentioned in this video (all links open in new window):
- Free SEO-optimized WordPress themes
- More free SEO-optimized WordPress themes
- Deep Blue (free SEO-optimized WordPress theme)
- Fresh (free SEO-optimized WordPress theme)
- The Box (free SEO-optimized WordPress theme)
- Black and White (free SEO-optimized WordPress theme)